Sunday, October 14, 2007
I've been sifting through my backlogged subscription to urbandictionary.com and chuckling over the entries below. For you visual learners, here's a photo caption for one of the words: This morning at the Palermo artsy-fartsy paper store, I witnessed some fine man standing in the front courtyard.
Enjoy these word droppings. (Remember the vocabulary test is Friday...)
- infoporn: information that serves no purpose and consumes valuable space inside your head. (Lordy, I have too much infoporn...like this entire post, for example.)
- foody call: a phone call, page, or conversation aimed at getting free food from a partner in a no-strings attached, no-conversation meal. (I'd rather have a foody call than a booty call.)
- man stand: the act of a man standing outside a shop while his wife/girlfriend/partner shops inside. Man standing involves looking into space, at other women, or in the case of multistory shopping centers, leaning on the railings of an upper floor watching the people below.
- peasantvision: the TV channels you get without a cable or satellite TV subscription. (I hate what Cablevision has to offer and am thinking of peasantvisioning it--that or get a Slingbox.)
- conswervative: a conservative politician or other public figure caught doing things that he has denounced on record.
- butt dial: when your cell phone accidentally calls someone you did not mean to while on your person.
- work hot: a person that may or may not be hot, but is the most attractive person in the set of people you work with so you lust after him/her.
- ignoranus: a person who is not only ignorant, but is also an asshole. (such efficiency in a word!)
- pregret: the feeling of regretting something you're about to do anyway. (rendering the phrase "I know I'm going to regret this" obsolete?)
- iPerbole: the hype surrounding any product Apple unveils.
OK, I'll stop. Your homework: Use one of these urban words in a sentence today.