Thursday, November 22, 2007
You know you've been waiting for this list so here it is: What I'm thankful for on Thanksgiving 2007.
- less than a year until we elect a new president in the US--w00t!
- my son's relatively good adjustment to living in a new country, year 2
- my beautiful, healthy extended family, visiting and non
- that I can still fit a size L in the Forever 21 clothing line
- health and optimism
- my gorgeous home and the nearby cafe
- my students, who remind me minutely how much pleasure there is in learning and growing
- my friends, who persist despite me being me
- the upcoming cruise to Cabo San Lucas
- Nannette's Feast (coming soon to a theatre near you...)
- Argentina, for reaffirming that no matter where you are, people just want the same things in life
Now I might as well have another slice of sweet potato pie and OD on the touchy feely. And for Sarah, my fave Cambodian Martha Stewart, I post our dinner pictures thusly.
Pictured: ginger batata with burnt marshmallow topping, backyard dining, temperature pin that came with the bird (pops up when the turkey's cooked), roasted turkey (basted in white chablis and though originally frozen was the moistest evah) pictured with egg noodles, mashed papas with oodles of manteca, scratch stuffing with Argentine chorizo and fresh provencal herbs, sweet potato pie